Vitamin D3 | ProtoCol
Also known as the ‘sunshine vitamin’, Vitamin D is produced naturally in the skin when it’s exposed to sunlight. Vitamin D is essential to maintain healthy bones, muscles, teeth, and the normal function of the immune system.
Although you can get small amounts of vitamin D from certain foods such as egg yolks or cod liver oil, they are unlikely to provide sufficient vitamin D. Age, skin tone, lifestyle, pollution and body mass can also all impact on how the body makes and uses vitamin D.
The NHS recommends that everyone should consider taking daily vitamin D supplements, especially between October and early March to maintain sufficient levels of vitamin D.
Why Vitamin D
- Contributes to the normal function of the immune system.
- Contributes to the maintenance of normal muscle function.
- Contributes to the maintenance of normal bones and teeth.
- Optimises normal blood calcium levels.
- Contributes towards normal joint health.
- Contributes to the normal absorption and utilisation of calcium and phosphorus.
- Has a role in the process of cell division.
- Gluten free • Lactose free • Dairy free Suitable for vegetarians